Saturday, December 5, 2009

Remembering Mama this Christmas

I cried yesterday because I miss Mama. This year's Christmas Day is the 5th year that she is not with us. We never have delicious food on the table and parties to celebrate. There are no more Christmas songs to sing and gifts to receive. There are no more greetings and carolling.

Christmas should be full of fun and excitement. Way back before when my mother is still here with us, she serves us with our favorite food like Spaghetti, "Adobo", Christmas Ham, fruit salad, cakes and pastries, chicken curry, beef steak, juice and many more. She turns on the radio and plays Christmas songs. She sings from the top of her voice as she cooks all our favorite food. She surprisingly gives us gifts as midnight of December comes. It was like the whole month of partying in our house when mother is still alive.

This day, I can feel that Christmas is really near. I don't know if my sister's and I will enjoy or Christmas will just make us cry.

How wonderful if Mama is still here. I miss her everyday especially during Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment