Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lamp and Me

Striking my pen to make stroke of letters and words, I express my written composition with only the lamp and me.

There is not light. The room is dark if there's no lighted lamp. My sisters are already fast asleep. I am just sitting near the chair where I placed the lamp above it.

I could already feel the atmosphere is in great jubilant and celebration of Christmas. Firecrackers loudly sounded like a BIG BANG, radio sounded live and to-the-groove music, children are happily and excitedly chatting, plates are sounding like inviting someone to eat and gobbly dine, smiles scattered everywhere.

But me, the lighted lamp, my two sisters in the solitary room were presently living here. It feels like it's not Christmas. No delicious food on the table, the world is shouting with jubilant but here we are taking this day like one of those ordinary days.

We finish our prayer. We are hoping that this Christmas, though how tranquil we are, bounteous blessings from God is always what we pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment